Musings on music delivered when I dig myself out.



Free fuzz pedal with every fur coat

Or "Little Sister," the debut single from the Queens of the Stone Age forthcoming album, Lullabies to Paralyze

Josh Homme is a fucking badass. I've heard about the fights this guy gets into, and they usually end with his foe licking venue floor. His war of words with ex-bassist Nick Oliveri was nothing short of rough and tumble either, telling magazines that his friend was such a dumbass that he practically needed to be babysat. Oh yeah, and he's also created some of the better stoner rock in both Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age. And since heaviness becomes Homme, my expectation for new QOTSA was that it would be brimming with sweet riffs and a deafening kick in the pants (my true inner-stoner comes out every once in a while, you can see). "Little Sister" by comparison, then, is rather diet. It's fuzzy and moves along at a good clip, but is dull and lacks any parts that your dealer could call the riff of the century (it comes up more often than you would think). The track is also rather short -- clocking in under three minutes -- which gives the group (whomever it's made of these days) little time to really get a good groove going. I better shut my mouth about the whole thing, though, because I heard Josh reads blogs now.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




0 Responses to “Free fuzz pedal with every fur coat”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


I Got Love For


ATOM 0.3

Establish Contact:

Previous posts

Archives

Add http://codebreaker.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest