Musings on music delivered when I dig myself out.



Gay disco bitch-slap

or "I Thought You Were My Boyfriend," from the newest Magnetic Fields album, i

Finally! FINALLY Stephin Merritt has made a song for the queerest among us -- a true danceable anthem for all the un/pretty boys out there that have had their man act the fool. Certainly not what the average fan of Magnetic Fields would have associated with the group, but come on, he had to do it at least once. And who better to create this homopiece than someone that likely never sees the dance floor! I kid.

"I Thought You Were My Boyfriend" is what the Bloodhound Gang would have made if they were a) more into pianos and b) able to tear themselves away from talking about tits. Merritt laments his dude's unboyfriend-like conduct in his usual droopy baritone over a rollicking piano line surrounded slightly menacingly by humming synths and some weak drum programming. It's enough to get the listener rocking back and forth, but you won't see any limp wrists pumping in the air or screams of "SING IT SISTER!!!!" "I Thought You Were..." is a harmless if pleasant distraction from the la-de-da quality of the rest of i and my secret weapon in the case of any infidelity. WATCH OUT!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




0 Responses to “Gay disco bitch-slap”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


I Got Love For


ATOM 0.3

Establish Contact:

Previous posts

Archives

Add http://codebreaker.blogspot.com to your Kinja digest